■A revamp from previous Mbase 01: an affordable monophonic analog module dedicated to Kick drum creation.
The model Mbase 11 adds some updates and a brand new look.
■VOICE core based on PIC16F887 - 8-bit PIC Microcontroller manages 1 channel polyphony.
A single VCO generates Kicks (also kind of toms and basses). Jomox claimed that the bass drum VCO and the sound production are 100% identical to the XBase09, XBASE999 and the AirBase99 but with different value ranges. Once created, the sound can be played in 3 ways:
- Midi (channel can be set)
- external analog trigger
- pushing the "play" button.
■ PARAMETERS the generated sound can be modified choosing a parameter per time:
- TUNE controls its pitch EG amount on VCO for warping
- PITCH overall tuning: starting from rumbling 10 Hz
- DECAY controls the generated EG decay up to a long time of 2 seconds
- HARMONICS adds harmonics to the sinewave with some distortions
- PULSE (attack) add a square impulse to the attack for click
- NOISE (attack) adds some white noise
- METZNE (metallized noise) changes the noise of the noise generator to a metallic noise.
- ATTACK ratio of added pulse and noise attack to the sine
- EQ simple lowpass filter attenuates high frequency
- VOLUME sets the main gain
- COMPRESSION adds dynamic compression
- GATE TIME sound can be gated from 0,1 to 16 ms.
■ PERFORMANCE using Midi triggering it is possible to choose different playmodes:
- Split mode 1: the sound is played only by C1 keys
- Split mode 2: the sound is played on all keyboard with pitch variations
- Pitch mode: chromatic play on 3 octaves.
- MIDI all parameters can be controlled by Midi Control Changes.
■LFO a single modulator with possibile polarity inversion (shapes: saw up, saw down, sine up/down, triangle up/down and rectangle up/down) assigned to VCO PITCH.
The LFO frequency can be synched to Midi clock or manually set in a 41-290 BPM range.
- 100 flash ROM sounds
- 10 RAM user sounds.
Created sounds can be dumped to Midi exclusives system.