■main panel features a 7-segments display, a gain peak-meter, 2 sliders and 4 membrane buttons. The CP-40 originally came with a cheap dynamic microphone but you can use any others.
Front panel terminal connectors:
- audio signal input (impedance line / Mic) .
■he CP-40 converts monophonic audio signals from microphone or line-level input sources to Midi signal in (quite) real-time. The interface is really easy, just plug the instrument into the AUDIO input, then automatically the CP converts to Midi data to a module (or synth) - the unit shows the tracked note on the display.
■ the tracking system outputs the following message:
- pitch note
- pitchbender value
- Control Change 11 (expression).
Control change #11 is the dynamic / amplitude of the signal.e
■ 6 special functions:
- gain: sets the incoming signal level
- Midi channel: sets the Midi ouput channel (1-16)
- octave shift: amount by which transmitted notes message will be transposed (range +/-2 octaves)
- velocity expression: 5 modes to translate incoming amplitude to Midi velocity
- bend mode: how the CP translates the signal pitch fluctuation and how it will be transmitted to the pitch bend Midi signal
- threshold: determine the level in which the Midi note message will be generated (3 preset levels).