Weight: 7 Kg
Dimensions: 372 (w) x 480 (h) x 94,5 (d) mm
Class: Module sampler
Rackmount: 2 units
Display: 2 x 40 lines LCD
Polyphony: 16 voices
Multitimbric: 8 parts
S.Resolution: 12 bits
S. range: 16-50 khz
Filter: digital 17 models
LFO: 2 modulators
Envelope : 2 EG
Memory: 1,5 up to 6 mb
Storage: DD 720 kb
Midi: IN / OUT / THRU
DAC: BB PCM56P
OS: latest Typhoon
The main panel features a 2 x 40 lines display, 8 push buttons and 12 numeric pads.
The two unit case is quite similator to FM module Tx802 and Drum module PTX8.
Front panel terminal connectors:
- footswitch input (bipolar)
- sample input (with pad switch LINE/MIC impedance)
Back panel terminal connectors:
- EXT port which is RS-422 data transfer
- Midi interface
- main signal out
- 8 mono analog aux out
Sonic Charge Cyclone an incredible Tx16W virtual emulator plugin, including codes emulation - not a mere VST sample player! and best of all it is FREE! LINK
Scegli tra la vasta selezione di blocchi già pronti più recenti: intro a tutto schermo, caroselli immagini di bootstrap, Slider dei contenuti, galleria di immagini responsive con lightbox, parallax-scrolling, sfondi video, menu hamburger, intestazioni fisse e altro ancora.
VOICE CPU Motorola 68000 (+sub 6809) manages 16 voices polyphony at 12 bits resolution.
Basic sound hierarchy is based on 3 different levels:
- WAVE (sample) are grouped in:
- VOICE (patch) and then VOICES are layered to
PERFORMANCE TX is multitimbric and manages up to 8 groups (parts) each with individual settings:
- Volume gain
- Midi channel
- keyboard zone
- semitones transpose
- voice priority (3 levels)
- analog out assign
- special front input can trigger a sample from external audio source or drum machine signal with variable threshold.
- modulation wheel
- CC# MIDIs
- external trigger
- LFO 1 / LFO 2
- EG 1 / EG 2
- attack ADSR
- time glide
- LFO 1 / LFO 2 depth
- LFO 1 / LFO 2 frequency
- EG 1 / EG 2
FILTER a fine selection of 17 filter models at 2/4 poles with resonance PEAK including:
- 3 user free slots
ENVELOPE each group features 2 EGs:
- AEG1 amplitude is hardwired(4-segments+2 levels)
- AEG2 matrix routing (3 segments + 3 times)
LFO up to 2 modulators for each group with 5 bipolar shapes (noise, saw, sine, square and triangle) with retrig and tempo-sync options. Each LFO modulates 14 destinations: pitch, volume, cutoff, resonance, panning, EG attack, AEG time, glide time, LFO1/2 depth, LFO1/2 rate and LFO1/2 EG.
- 1,5Mb sampling RAM (factory) can be expanded up to 6 Mb using special custom 1,5 MB memory modules (model YAMAHA EMM15) fitted into the dedicated slot.
STORAGE internal data can be saved in 3 ways:
- standard Midi SDS dump
- RS422 transfer range from 19200 to 153600 bauds.
- 720 DD disk PC DOS compatible file-system.
TIP: internal disk can be replaced by more modern USB emulator
OS back in 1988, the original TX16W YAMAHA OPERATING SYSTEM was a total disaster: sluggish and painful. 5 years later, the 3-rd part Swedish company NUEDGE developed a new more efficient OS TYPHOON 2000 with enhanced features e.g better memory handling, CPU optimization, AIFF samples import, new filters and more. OS can be downloaded for FREE
- poor edit interface
- obsolete storage, memory
- cheap now