TECH main CPU upd 70433 (V55PI) manages 64 voices polyphony based on Korg AI2 "Advanced Integrated System"- rompler synthesis. DAC is a TDA 1305 model.
STRUCTURE a basic patch is composed by 1 or 2 PCM (single/double) oscillators with individual settings:
- volume gain
- stereo panning
- octave set.
WAVETABLE internal 8 mb ROM contains 645 PCM at 16 bits resolition samples split in 2 groups:
- PCM A:430 multisamples, various sounds including acoustic (e.g piano, organ) and electronics
- PCM B: 215 drum KIT shots.
Each drum kit contains 60 "indexes" with one drum sound assigned to each index; for each index, you can specify the note that will play it, and the volume etc. The N364 contains 4 user kits which allow you to create your own original drum kits + 12 preset ROM kits.
PERFORMANCE combination system handles 8 parts and some settings.
- joystick can be assigned to pitch, filter, LFO rate/depth
- Midi channel
- semitons transpose
- pitch detune
- keyboard zone
- velocity switch
/ panning (also assign to individual analog out)
- interval transposes the OSC2 pitch to keep a constant interval above first OSC values.
- Special RPPR Real-time Pattern Play & Record function allows to assign some short sequences or musical phrases to selected keys.
Each Combination contains eight Timbres and each Timbre is assigned a Program and MIDI channel, etc. Combinations allow you to play two or more programs"layered' or to play multi-timbred sequences.
By assigning Timbres to different areas of the keyboard, you can create split-type Combinations. By specifying the range of note velocities which will play each Timbre, you can create velocity-switched Combinations.
FILTER lowpass non-resonant filter at 4 poles.
ENVELOPE there are 5 EGs:
- EG1: osc1 amplitude 4 segments + 4 times
- EG2: osc2 amplitude 4 segments + 4 times
- EG3: osc1 filter 4 segments + 4 times
- EG4: osc2 filter 4 segments + 4 times
EG5: pitch EG has only 4 segments+ 2 times.
LFO 3 delayed modulators"MG":
||osc 1 pitch
||osc 2 pitch
||triangle, pulse, saw up-down, random
||same as LFO1
||same as LFO1
SEQUENCER notes can be entered in
real-time or step (resolution 48 or 96 PPQN); edit functions are: loop section, punch IN record, copy and insert.
a 16-track sequencer, each track is assigned a Program, MIDI Channel, etc. A tempo track is provided for entering tempo changes. Tracks and patterns can be recorded in real time and step time. Patterns can also be created by copying a specified section of a track.Patterns can be copied or put into tracks.
TIP:The N-364 imports standard Midi SMF 0-1- 2 also retrocompatible to older X or I format sequences.
ARPEGGIATOR 5 preset direction modes with gate / length option:
alternate 1-2, random and special custom (up to 10 notes can be recorded).
EFFECT 2 DSP generators that can be chained in parallel or serial path- a total of 12 algorithms e.g reverb, chorus , flanger, distortion, EQ, autopan and aural exciter.
- 200 ROM patches + 136 ROM GS/GM patches
200 ROM combinations
- 4 ROM
4 drum kits +
8 ROM GM drum kits
- 200 RAM programs +
200 RAM combinations
4 RAM drum kits
- 16 RAM tracks+
10 RAM songs
100 RAM patterns
32000 RAM notes
MEMORY RAM may need battery change, it is a Cr2032 3V soldered to mainboard.
STORAGE an internal obsolete 3.5 inch 2DD, 2HD floppy disk drive stores Programs, Combinations, sequencer songs, and patterns. In addition, MIDI Exclusive data from
other MIDI devices can be stored and loaded via the disk drive, just like a MIDI data filer.
TIP: The N364 floppy disk format is compatible with the MS-DOS 720KB and 1.44MB disk format.
MAINTENANCE there are 2 common issues:
- disk drive failure: it is not standard and has a custom flat, generally the belt has to be replaced or directly by third-part USB module.
- display gets dark: needs e-foil backlight replacement. Same model as X2 X3 X3R N264 synths.
||N264 features 76 keys instead of 61 and keeps same 364 technical characteristics.